LOCATION: Southeastern Asia, islands between Malaysia and Indonesia
POPULATION: 4,608,167 (July 2008 est.)
SIZE: 692.7 sq km
LANGUAGE : Malay, Mandarin, English, Hokkien, Cantonese, Teochew, Tamil, and other Chinese dialects
MAJOR INDUSTRIES: oil drilling equipment, petroleum refining, rubber processing and rubber products, processed food and beverages, ship repair, offshore platform construction, life sciences, entrepot trade, electronics, chemicals, financial services.
WHY STUDY IN SINGAPORE?
1. Singapore expresses the essence of today's New Asia: a vibrant, multi-cultural, cosmopolitan, sophisticated city-state where tradition and modernity, East and West, meet and mingle most agreeably and harmoniously.
2. Singapore is a global city where talents gather to share innovative ideas, start new businesses, and engage in exciting career opportunities. Singapore is a nation built by immigrants and it still welcomes all who are keen to play a part in its exciting economic development.
3. Singapore offers a globally top-ranked working populace, recognized for its high level of productivity, technical proficiency and positive work attitude, because of our continued investment in expertise-training to ensure depth of knowledge and currency of skill.
4. Singapore is ideally located as the gateway to regional countries such as Malaysia, Indonesia, the Philippines, Brunei and Thailand. All are easily reached via ferry, train, plane or even coach, with ravel times being no longer than three hours. Economic progress has given Singapore a 21st century facade and outlook.
5. Singapore is the world's third most wired nation and Asia's most wired, one where online banking & mobile lifestyle have become the norm. And close to 99% of the population, or almost every home, school and business has access to broadband Internet.
6. Continuous learning has become increasingly significant, given rapid changes in technology and changing needs. Singapore has risen to the challenge of providing quality adult education by attracting Ivy League and leading institutions to set up their campuses in Singapore.
7. There are already more than 50,000 international students in Singapore, pursuing education opportunities at various levels. Many international students are attracted to the quality UG and PG programmes offered by Singapore's local universities as well as international universities based in Singapore.
8. Singapore is the hub of business in Asia
9. Almost every MNC has its Asia-Pacific head office in Singapore making it easier for students to find jobs.
TYPE OF QUALIFICATIONS IN SINGAPORE:
a) Associate Degree
b) Bachelors Degree or Bachelors (hons.)Degree
c) Graduate Certificate or Diploma
d) Vocational GraduateDiplomas
f) Doctoral Degree